Sitecore reporting database rebuild issue

Help, I'm seeing guids in my reports!

So I had this environment where my reports were missing data I was surely having in my xDB database. I double checked this. So my only conclusion was that at some point the reporting database was missing data and I needed to rebuild it. As my version is 8.2 update 5 I followed the manual from this link to the letter. Everything seemed to work ok, until I switched to the fresh reporting database and I started looking at my reports 😧 All goal names, page names etc. were displayed with their item ID guids and not there (display)names. 
I checked the xhr call to the Sitecore api's and saw messages about segments not found and missing translations. 
I figured ok, let's just rebuild indexes, rebuild links and hopefully things will start to work again. WRONG!!
After some digging around I found out that at some point apparently my marketing definition have been redeployed setting the deploy dates of my segments to a date after many of my data was collected. This turned out the be the issue. So what I actually had to do was reset this deploy date in the Analytics database table 'Segments' to something like a year ago, reset my environment and suddenly everything was ok again, including my previously missing analytics! 

So if you run into the same thing, make sure to double check the deploy date of your segments.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

I Robot - Sitecore JSS visitor identification

Sitecore campaigns and UTM tracking unified

Sitecore JSS - Sitecore first